We are different...
We are happy to announce that we are now providing elective dental care again for all of our patients. Tish will be calling you if you had an appointment that we cancelled due to our modified schedule the last 2 months. If you have not received our email letter regarding the changes you will see at our office to help protect our patients and staff, please text your email address to us and we will send it to you asap. Thank you for your trust in us. We look forward to seeing you again! Please call Tish if you have any questions or concerns.
Here at babcock family dental we want you to feel as safe as you do at home. Infection control has always been a top priority for us and when you receive care here it’s both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
• Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
• We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some at Tish’s window when you are leaving.
· Following guidelines for dental offices, we will ask that you wear a mask on entering the office and until you are seated in the dental chair.
· We will check your temperature when you enter the office.
· We ask that you bring your own pen to sign documents as needed.
· We have added more air filtration units to supplement the units we that were already in the office for the past couple years.
• We will ask you to phone us when you arrive at the office for your appointment and to stay in your vehicle. We will then phone you back when we are ready for you to enter the office for your appointment. We will try to avoid having any patients in the waiting room although exceptions will be made when appropriate.
• Patients are required to have protective eyewear during dental procedures. We have always provided this for you but if you have concerns you may want to bring your own safety glasses or goggles.
• We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you and manage appointments to allow for social distancing.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at office number or visit our website at BabcockFamilyDental.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
**We welcome new patients at this time!